BDS creates and supplies high-quality metadata for the titles you provide to academic institutions. Records are available for English language print, eBooks and Open Access titles.
BDS metadata can be used in many ways to enhance and extend the services you offer:
- Within your own website to aid discovery of the titles you sell
- To drive alerting services for new titles
- Passed on to customers to fulfill their metadata requirements
- As a source of metadata to provide shelf-ready services
Records can either be supplied as part of the BDS Academic Library Licence, or via alternative solutions.
Academic Library Licence
Developed in response to market conditions and following discussion with key industry stakeholders at the academic stock suppliers, metadata experts, SUPC, NAG and JISC, the BDS Academic Library Licence (ALL) revolutionises the supply of metadata records to UK academic institutions.
Using our close partnership with publishers, we create book in hand records ahead of publication for the BDS Core Publisher list of over 270 publishers and imprints. Records are created once and are then available to all participating libraries, stock suppliers, eBook aggregators and publishers, driving efficiencies for everyone.
- Guarantee standardised, high quality, catalogue records for English language print, eBook, and open access titles, delivered to customers when required.
- Reduce the resources required by stock suppliers to create specialised MARC records.
- Records are created once and are then available to all participating libraries, stock suppliers, eBook aggregators and publishers, driving efficiencies for everyone.
We believe the ALL is the fastest and most economical route to acquire high quality metadata.
BDS provides a dedicated Helpdesk for queries.
Other Supply Solutions
BDS provides a range of options for the creation, supply and reuse of metadata. Contact BDS now to find out more.