Working for BDS
The BDS Group is a progressive company with growing opportunities in the world marketplace of metadata provision.
Based in attractive offices in Dumfries, Scotland, BDS’s core activity is the creation of metadata on books, DVD, music, games and downloadable content. This data is used in the library, retail and trade, publishing and agency sectors. It is a growing commercial field where opportunities are opening as digital technology expands.
Related activity within The BDS Group includes IT and web technology, and design for web and print.
Working for The BDS Group offers the opportunity for employees to be involved in a dynamic business with expanding career opportunities. We are always open to approaches from people with the right credentials and the vision to take our business forward or to improve efficiencies within our current setup.
We have roles in Sales, Cataloguing, Annotating and Data Editing, Programming and Systems Analysis, Publisher Liaison, Web and Media Design.
The BDS Group recognises that people are our most valuable resource. Our teams consist of highly motivated individuals who have a high level of attention to detail and are passionate about the quality of what they produce while the diversity of our teams and individuals bring new ideas and perspectives to the fore-front. The BDS Group believes in supporting its people to achieve continued personal development.
BDS Group, a data and multi-media design company based in Dumfries, are looking for individuals who are interested and passionate about technology and software development to join our team of developers.
- BDS aggregates, curates and delivers metadata relating to print and e-books, audiobooks, film, music and video games.
- BDS also specialises in the design, build, hosting and maintenance of websites for the book trade and home entertainment industry.
- We are based in the attractive surroundings of the Crichton Estate in Dumfries, Scotland.
- The position is full time and offers a salary of £25000-30000 dependent on experience.
- The position also features flexi-time, a contributory company pension scheme and 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays.
- We are looking to hire talented and passionate developers.
- Working as part of a dynamic and experienced team, you will produce software solutions to fit business needs.
- The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated.
- Salary for the position will be dependent on experience.
- The position is full time and office-based at our Dumfries office, with consideration
- Work as part of a dynamic team to maintain and develop software applications.
- Receive constructive reviews, instruction and training to continually improve over the course of your employment.
- Produce clear, well-written and thoroughly-tested code and relevant documentation.
- A decent level of experience in programming and problem solving.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to take on and learn new things.
- Ability to work to a deadline with clients of varying levels of technical ability.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise workload.
Exposure to any of the technologies listed below would be a credit to your application:
- The C# programming language and .NET (Core) or the .NET Framework.
- Building database driven apps using SQL and/or NoSQL technologies.
- Data formats like XML and JSON.
- Source control / version control technologies such as Git or SVN.
- Broader knowledge of IT and networking in general.
Application deadline: 31/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
Secure office entries. Face coverings worn in all communal areas.
- programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place