Publishers come to BDS to ensure their physical and digital output is visible and discoverable across a wide range of markets.
Metadata standards are key to presenting consistent information that allows for the management of large volumes of information. The use of standards also ensures that your metadata is consistent with other organisations, important in a world where resources are shared.
BDS metadata adheres to all current standards:
- ONIX 2.1 and 3.0
- ISNI and NACO authority control for contributors
- BIC and Thema
- Dewey Decimal Classification
- Library of Congress Classification
- Library of Congress Subject Headings
- UK Standard Library Categories (UKSLC)
- MARC21, UKMARC or UNIMARC exchange format
By working with BDS you are assured of:
- An agreed schedule to have new releases ready for launch date each month
- Delivery of records to libraries on your behalf
- Records for the digital archive back file
- Expert advice on current library standards and implementation
- Customised URL links in records for specific customers
- Links to extended data, including images
- A helpline providing both you and your customers with expert advice
Generating metadata for your own titles and ensuring it is consistent across all manifestations, including e-books, and especially regarding use in libraries, is a specialism on which BDS has built its business and reputation.
Find out more, contact email@example.com now.